Department of Science and Technology
Government of India
INVITING RESEARCH PROPOSALS UNDER
NANO SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY INITIATIVE (NSTI)
A national programme in the field of Nano Science & Technology (NST) has been initiated by the Department of Science and Technology to promote this area. Several nano researchers across the country have been supported in the past through R&D projects. Fresh R&D proposals are invited in the area of Nano Science & Technology from individuals or groups of individuals belonging to one or more institutions in India. Support will be provided for personnel, consumables, contingencies, travel etc. as well as equipment.
The proposal should provide the following information.
- Title of the project
- Name and address of the Project Investigator(s) and Institution.
- Objectives of the project (in one page)
- R & D work in the proposed area already accomplished by the proposer(s) with published references (2 pages)
- Specific work plan including methodology, time schedule and deliverables (short term and long term)
- Inter-institutional or industrial links, if any.
- Facilities and infrastructure available to the team for implementing the project.
- Specific research facilities required for the project with detailed justification.
- Specific infrastructure required for the project with detailed justification.
- Give a statement of the funds for R&D already received from DST and other S&T agencies.
Financial requirements for three years and phasing for each year. In giving budget requirements, clearly state what is meant for infrastructure support or basic equipment and how much of the cost the concerned institute is prepared to share. A standard piece of equipment such as a specialized microscope is a typical example of the basic equipment.
- Bio-data of investigators
20 copies of the proposal must be sent through proper channel with endorsement from the head of the institution (format available at http://serc-dst.org/endorsement.htm) to Dr. Praveer Asthana, SERC Division, Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110 016.
The envelope containing the proposals should be superscribed with: “Nano Science & Technology Initiative”
The project proposals for consideration in future under NSTI Scheme can be submitted anytime right through the year.